Tuesday, November 18, 2008

help abused and disadvantaged children

Hi my lovely friends, After a call for help from Melissa Kennedy who is always there to help, I decided to ask all my scrapbooking friends around Australia with these very simple 6x6 pages for this very worthwhile cause.


If you have a moment, please read the information below, and even if you could make 6 - 10 pages, that would help enormously.
I have finished 24 pages, and hope to get more done this evening!
Thanks once again you amazing ladiesxxxxx

CHALLENGE - Lets help the SCKC kids

Ok you all love a competition so here goes. I need your help on this one as definately can't attempt this by myself. There are a number of people around Australia helping out on this and so I figured all of you who read this can help out too..
When I first read about this cause - it brought a tear to my eye, maybe due to my past involvement with street kids so something but I knew that together we could help out too.

I have recently received an email from Julie who puts together photo albums for kids who attend the Southern Cross Kids Camps - these are abused and at risk kids from Australia and New Zealand. The Layout drive is on again and she is after page 6 x 6"layouts (SIMPLE ones ladies..... so don't think you can't help out here.... plus I have just seen what you are all capable of doing in a half an hour at the 100 to 1)

I know many of you will help out without an incentive but I would like to offer one anyway and set a target that I hope we can all read together. The challenge I would like to set is that we get more than 200 layouts done asap. So what I am offering to do is give the person who sends me in the most 6 x 6" layouts - their choice of 10 (yes you heard right) 10 Kaisercraft Clear Acrylic Stamps sets (your own choice) - check our the website http://www.kaisercraft.net/ and start choosing which ones you would like.

There is a second chance offer of two sets. It will be a random draw for anyone who has sent in page and also left a comment for this post on my blog. (again your choice of 2 sets of acrylic stamps). This will be drawn after the 20th December so I can see who has sent in what.

How easy is that. So the set deadline is 20th December (this is because they need layouts urgently for the 3 January camps)

Read below and get the full idea of what they need or go to Julie's blog for more information
Southern Cross Kids Camp Page Drive 2008-2009

Hello fellow scrappers!

Unbelievably it's that time of year again! Southern Cross Kids Camp will soon start their 2009 camps for abused and at risk kids across Australia & NZ. Last year you were incredibly generous and kindly donated gorgeous pages and product for the buddies to create and present the precious camp memory books to the children.

It's with great excitement and pride, I can tell you that this year we have been asked to supply books with pages for ALL the camps in 2009! Last week I attended the annual SCKC Directors summit and told them of the enthusiasm, willingness to assist and compassion in the scrapbooking community. They were thrilled that so many of you cared enough to help. They were all so grateful that the time saved creating the pages meant the buddies could journal more meaningful words of encouragement and love and hand the children an incredible keepsake of their week.

This year, once again, we need your generous support for the children of SCKC.Our aim this year is to produce 6300 for all the camps, many pages are needed for the first camp

Photos of the piles of pages Julie received last year. Come on girls - can we help her out????
YES WE CAN!!!!

If you can help out by producing co-ordinated pages for an album, here's what we need. 20 pages per album, the albums are 6"x6, with one photo per page and it will be approx 5" x 3.5". The pages need not be intricate, in fact simple is best, with a photo mat, and a journal spot.
If you are unable to contribute pages but would love to help, we would welcome any left over alphabets, ribbons, buttons, stickers and stamps, embellishments that could be used to decorate the front covers of the children's albums. We would be extremely grateful for whatever assistance you can give.

Your pages/books are used to create an incredible legacy for these neglected and ever so deserving children, who continue to keep a flame of hope alive in their little hearts. Your help is invaluable and as I said during last year's drive for pages, you really are making a difference in the life of one young child.

Please send all layouts to me.
Melissa Kennedy
7 Araluen Parade
Belmont VIC 3216 before 20th December

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marelle, thank you for your sweet comments! I always appreciate your lovely words so much!

I will attempt to make some pages for this too... I have a pretty free week next week, so it shouldn't be a problem!

That's what this time of year (anytime of year really!) should be about in my opinion, so I'm more than willing to help!

Marelle said...

Skye, you gorgeous girl!
Thanks so much - mmwwhaaxx
(PS: I was honoured to see you list me as blog inspiration!) thanks not bad for an old chick hey lol
xxxxx